Saturday, June 2

muggy muggles

Holy cow. It is HOT in Boston. I ran this morning and I probably lost about 5 pounds in pure sweat. Gross, man. Gross.

So it is entirely possible that I remain single for the rest of my born days. I came to this realization today when I was reflecting upon my inability to reciprocate romantical feelings towards those menfolk that feel them for me, and my just-as-awesome inability to make boys that I really dig like me back. What is up with that? So I have declared for myself a celibate life, and I will now become a literary genius. I think that's what all truly frustrated people do, don't they? Or perhaps those that just have a lot to say. I seem to fall in both categories lately. Haha.

I also by the way am convinced that temples are the coolest places on earth, and that each of us has a specific plan, a specific mission, and a specific need to put our wills on the altar of sacrifice constantly.

And that isolating oneself is BAD.

I think I should probably go to bed.




5 comments:

Mooney said...

Wow. We're on the same page these days.

Ashley said...

WOW!!! Welcome back to the world of blogging--with a bang!!!

I agree on all accounts! Except the parts of being single, and not reciprocating said emotions for others of the opposite sex, and the celibate life--ok so I guess I only agree on the humidity--and the isolation being bad ;)

That is good though--it gives us some common ground to work from--I mean really what are the base concerns my dear--let's work through these ;)

Timing my dearest friend. Timing. When one has learned and become and lived to such the extent as you--one would not be satisfied--and should not be satisfied with just anyone--and so the options for those said menfolk lessen--but because they are fewer does not discredit their quality--I mean you somehow managed to remain single all this time--so HE too must have in order to live and learn and do enough quality things with his life so as to merit someone as magnanimous as you my dear sweet wonderful friend.

Ashley said...

oh how i loved seeing you in Utah. Best surprise of the trip!

Lauren said...

one time i was feeling deep emotions for orphanage work so i called up my mother and told her i wanted to become a nun so that i could have my own orphanage. she told me that she would get my robe/habit ready for me. luckiy, laura, i changed my mind, and i think you shall too. you are too hot to take on the celibate life. don't do it!!

Jer said...

I've read this thrity two times now and it still hasn't changed.
Happy New Year.