Wednesday, January 23

coiffures, crepes, and confidence

Coiffures. There is a group of guys at my work that have started numbering my hairdos. Another guy stops by my desk daily just to see how I've done my hair for the day. Today he informed me that I had "exceeded [his] expectations." Haha, glad I exist to entertain, at least in some form, here at work.

Crepes. The group of women I work with and I went to eat at La Creperie in Harvard Square and it was DIVINE. Coworker Tina and I have decided that heaven consists of eating fruity crepes with Nutella on a warm afternoon, outside, by some water, sitting in a swing in the shade, a light breeze, and a fun flowy sundress with bare feet and windswept hair. Ok, I embellished a little. She just said crepes and outside and warm, but I think real heaven involves bare feet. Let's be frank.

Confidence. One of the best talks ever has been floating around my head this week. I am learning a new definition of faith, as suggested by Elder Uchtdorf in the Oct 2007 conference: that faith is "believing in the Redeemer, the Son of God, 'with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save' and then '[pressing] forward with a steadfastness in Christ, . . . feasting upon the word of Christ' (2 Nephi 31:19–20). I'd always felt strongly about the "believing in the Redeemer" part of faith, but not considered that pressing forward was a form of faith as well, and one of the most powerful ways we exercise our faith. I pray that I can have faith sufficient to be steadfast, even and especially when the going gets tough.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I second the bare feet, but methinks you are definitely in the wrong place for that heaven to occur :) I love your posts though, keep 'em coming Zlat! Or better yet come to Utah more often!

Lauren said...

oh boy laura, i think we can be in each other's heads at times. first of all... i love having different hair styles it kind of makes doing your hair fun so props for exceeding his expectations. i always get a lot of joy when a certain gentleman compliments my hair and says i've done it again. second- we can combine le creperie with berry line- brilliant? YES! thirdly, i love the talk by uctdorf. and i love your take on it. it is such an important concept that can easily go amiss. love ya!