Tuesday, January 15

gamut

Mornings: I love love love mornings. I think they are the awesomest for thinking and getting stuff done. My coworker and I have this new resolution to be in to work at 7am. So here I am early... and definitely blogging, because it's creepily quiet in here and I'm not sure how to handle it. So I reach out to you in this virtual fashion, somehow proving my existence is still valid by posting my thoughts online. What a weird void I'm trying to fill right now.

To Do Lists: Every day I fill out an index card with a list of things to do. They fall in three categories: "Today," "Work," and "Soon." Every day I check off about two things on that list. I'm beginning to wonder why I even make it... maybe to keep myself humble because I can easily see how awesome I am NOT doing. Sigh... Maybe under the "Today" section of the current card I'll write "Do stuff on this list."

Biggest Loser: Week 2's weigh-in showed that if you work out a lot but then increase the amount of food you eat, you stay at the same weight. Huh. Adios, fun nighttime snacks and mid-afternoon treats... :)

Dorkiness: Last night found Jason and I on the phone for over an hour having PFHE--Potential Family Home Evening. Hehehe. His term, not mine. I don't say stuff like that because it gives me ulcers. We made a paper chain (well, two, rather) to count down the days until I go to Utah and then read Alma 32 together. I kept thinking in my head, "This is oh-so-dorky!" But then I got over it because it was still fun. Hehe. Permission to be retarded?

Snow Day: It snowed 8 inches yesterday, or something. I decided I didn't want to have yet another traumatic snow experience with my car, so it was imperative that I stay home for almost the whole day. I slept until 9, made French toast for my roommates, sat in my bed doing some work but mostly burning cds and aimlessly surfing the internet, shoveled snow for a good hour, and finally headed in to work at 4:30pm. What a day.

Back to work...

10 comments:

NatAttack said...

I admire you! Mornings are the one thing I will NEVER fully love. I like the new blogging you... keep it up! XOXO.

ju said...

i'll never love skittles.

permission granted to be retarded- except, you aren't being retarded. i love it!

Laura said...

What? Skittles? They are like the nirvana of sugary substances. In fact, I fell in love with a boy in high school merely because he would bring me skittles between 2nd and 3rd periods. Never underestimate the power of empty kiloCalories.

Thanks for the permissions! I definitely feel retarded sometimes, perhaps cuz it's all new... meh. :)

Jason Graham said...

May the dorkathon continue!

Yancy said...

you guys are both dorks. and i love you all the more for it.

Syclist said...

dorks!dorks!dorks!dorks!dorks!dorks!dorks!dorks!dorks!dorks!dorks!dorks!dorks!dorks!dorks!dorks!dorks!
there i said it. But thats cool, I won't feel so alone in the world knowing there are more than just one.

Mango said...

Puglet- I give you complete permission to be a dork! Plus, what would change if you are? We became friends first and foremost for our similar dorkiness, then followed our striking good looks! We are ridiculously good looking you know!

Sheryl said...

how did you find me blogging friend! You crack me up. Thanks for this post. Now Jason, I met him right? Is he more than just your "buddy" hmmm? Lets be blogging friends, and more than that of course too! Love your guts! Muah!

becca said...

laura! how are you? facebook told me about your blog.

Lauren said...

My to-do list:
1. make a to-do list
2. work out
3. increase my dorkhood