Thursday, April 23

ABC's of me (tag from Meliss)

A: Attached or Single: Attachéd

B: Best Friend: Jasonius

C: Cake or Pie: Cake if it's strawberry shortcake, or else apple crisp. YUM.

D: Day of Choice: Sunday

E: Essential Items: Food, shelter, and LOVE! (Brian Regan anyone?) Also water, phone, chapstick, toothbrush, slippers.

F: Favorite Color: Unknown at the moment. Probably green.

G: Gummy Bears or Worms: Worms. With that sour stuff on the top.

H: Home Town: Ferndale

I: Indulgences: Chocolate chip cookies, my Achilles heel

J: January or July: July, hands down.

K: Kids: I have some lovely nieces and nephews....

L: Life is incomplete without: The gospel, my Jason, family, good friends, fresh air and springtime, good books, enough time to sleep.

M: Marriage Date: July 19.

N: Number of Siblings: 2 sisters, 2 brothers, and a slew of cool in-laws

O: Oranges or Apples: apples if they're small and crispy; oranges if it's a clementine

P: Phobias: I'm afraid of the dark, afraid of not measuring up, and deep down afraid that despite my best efforts, I am, in reality, evil. (Retarded? Yes. Doesn't matter. It's fo' real.)

Q: Quote: "She gives most who gives with joy." Mother Teresa

R: Reasons to smile: Sunny days, good conversations, the light in the eyes of my ESL students when they master a new principle, peace from the gospel, the smell of flowers drifting toward me in the breeze, that look in Jason's eyes I think is only for me, eternal covenants with family, long runs outside, hugs from children, babies' laughter, that nice smell after a rainstorm, a few minutes to ponder and read, getting my code to work, and I smile because everything, eventually, seems to work out just fine.

S: Season: I'm with Meliss--spring or fall in Utah (or Boston--sigh), Summertime if we're in WA.

T: Tag: Um, anyone who reads this. TAG!

U: Unknown fact about me: I've always had a secret ambition to be an astronaut. And build a kayak. And play the harp.

V: Vegetarian or Meat Eater: Mmm, hopefully a healthy balance of both. I like fish.

W: Worst Habit: Picking at my split ends. It's awful.

X: X-rays: My chest a few times. I'm a bronchial mess when I want to be.

Y: Yummy favorite food: Strawberries. Yum yum yum.

Z: Zodiac sign: Taurus.

Wow, that was long, and kinda fun. Would love to read yours, too!

P.s. Things are going well, I just work all the time and look at houses for fun on the weekends. And run a lot. And we like to entertain guests. Come hang out with us!

6 comments:

Tif said...

Laura Laura Laura. STILL with the split ends!? Do I need to come kick your teeth in? Seriously...pretty sure I tried my best to break you of that habit back in the day...

jeanine said...

you are too fun...

Jen Holtkamp said...

hmm strawberry shortcake and apple crisp are two of my favorites! TQM!

stacy said...

you're hilarious! You really are terrible about the split ends...the story of your life I bet. I really hope we get to see you guys when we're out in July!!! Glad things are going well. I love being a mommy! Life couldn't get more amazing!

The Vieiras said...

Pug! I so need to call you back and with YOU a happy belated birfday as well. I miss yo pretty face. But guess what, we are definitely going to be in Utar at the beginning of August. You want to meet a polka Dot?

Jano D. said...

I liked your reasons to smile.

Saludos desde Chile-Sudamerica.
=)