Tuesday, September 1

feeling gloomy and tired?


Have you noticed how in the winter, it's harder to wake up, it's harder to get moving, and sometimes even during the summer you feel that way? Turns out it could be a vitamin D deficiency. I have it from 2 doctors that most folks do not get enough vitamin D... and some do not absorb it well in the body. I started taking a vitamin D supplement (about 2000 IU per day) to make up for the lack of sunshine I am getting (cave dwelling IT consultant life takes its toll), and I feel a lot more energetic, I must say... and I must share my newfound excitement for vitamin D. Remember to get your vitamin D via natural means as well (fish, meat, cheese, midday sunshine, etc). This is sweet. Interesting article here.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Tif said...

That's a great article. I also am a huge vit D fan! There are theories that people with autism are chronically D-deficient and unable to absorb it readily. I've started giving it to the girls in large amounts and have seen some great changes! And there's awesome connections between vit D, winter, flu, etc.

lisa midge said...

My Dad has been preaching to me about the vitamin D need we all have. Thus my love for sun and all things in the sun. Also. Its bad to sit by windows and receive actual sunlight on your skin. The window reflects the good rays and lets in the bad rays that kills the vitamin D.