Sunday, September 13

Ode to Jason

Well, the Jason and I have been married for like thousands of hours now. Literally 14 whole months on Saturday. It has been the most soul-enlarging, self-searching, charity-inducing, fear-facing, joy-producing 14 months of my life. I seriously lucked out. How on earth I was blessed enough to find such an honorable, good, kind, smart, funny, un-boring, witty, diligent, forgiving, patient, thoughtful, inspiration-seeking, humble, highly attractive man, I shall never know, but I know Dios had a lot to do with it, and so did the scores of friends and family that talked me out of bailing on him out of fear. Thanks for that, peeps. I really am so thankful for that. He is the best thing that's happened to me yet, and I'm full of gratitude for the promises we've made to each other and to the Lord that will bind us eternally if we are faithful. Rad. Here's how we celebrated our anniv:



Lovely remembrance of promises


Fun hike up City Creek

Super tasty dinner at super fancy La Caille

He's pretty much a stud.
And, like, mysterious and stuff.

Thanks J for (still) choosing me, and for taking me on the best adventure yet! I think you're pretty cool, all of the times.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I like your ode. Odes to husbands are my favorite because husbands are my favorite. Congrats on your anniversary, and may many more come your way. :)

Karie said...

I'm so happy for you two. It seems you are just the perfect match. Isn't it amazing how that can happen? Out of all the single men in the world, Heavenly Father has helped us find sweet husbands who couldn't match up with us any better. Amazing! Congrats!

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

you guys are too cute.

stacy said...

ha I love that last pic of Jason. He's so hilarious! Congrats on the anniversary. You guys are such amazing people and are perfect for each other. I wish we lived closer to you guys. You are pretty awesome yourself Laura and thankfully I know that Jason makes sure you know that.

Julie Radmall said...

I'm so happy for you Laura- Jason must be a perfect match for you because you have all of those qualities you described in him! You both look so great in your La Caille picture- what a handsome couple. Love you! (p.s. I love to read your blog updates, but I'm not very good at posting a comment. Thanks for your comments on my blog!)