Monday, September 28

Suicide Prevention Walk + I'm Famous!

My friend Ashley Crist lost her brother to suicide a couple of years ago. She has grieved and then channeled her energies into the prevention efforts and to helping others let go of the guilt and pain associated with losing a loved one to suicide.

I was there for the 5k on Saturday at Wheeler Farm. It was a touching and emotional experience--healing for many, I hope.

Click here to see a clip from the news. You can see me walking around, ready for the run to begin.

Thanks Ash for a beautiful and soul-enlarging experience.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

You ARE famous! Let me know the next time you do a walk like this. I'd like to join you.

Jenn said...

Are you the one of the people with a balloon? I can't believe I know a celebrity. This makes my day.

Ashley said...

Thank you for your support and love. I feel so grateful for your friendship...for the late night preach my gospel times, for serving people together, for feeling the love of the Lord with and through you and sharing that with others. God bless you my dear friend. Happy Holidays--and thank you for helping me to help others and prevent tragedy.