Tuesday, April 6

guess who's pregnant?

Not me! But my sister is, and we threw her a baby shower on March 27. IT WAS SO FUN. And exhausting. And fun! I was nervous because I can think of maybe 3 baby showers I have been to in my lifetime, but I think it went well. Here are some photographs:

Foods!



More foods!


Gram and Leslie. Grandma saved the day by helping in the kitchen. Leslie is cute.


So did these two lovely ladies! My cousins. Aren't they pretty?


My seester Kristen drove all the way from Colorado to be there as a surprise to Melissa--here Kristen's oldest appears with the food she was so eager to help get ready, though I think she ate only Skittles. Hehe.



Here is Grandma at the gift/note table. We had folks sign some Dr. Suess books for Melissa to take with her to California.


Lovely Connie, whose house we invaded. She is really just wonderful. Here with Aunt Val, who drove since 2am to come down. She is crazy cool.


Mom was able to be there also, thanks to Skype and Jason who lent me his laptop for the day, even though he had homework. What a dude. And what a mom! You rule, momma.


Kristen put together this fun Family Feud game. She did a great job!


What is a Pugmire shot without weird faces? All 3 sisters.


Here are some of the shower attendees. For more photos, click here.


Kristen's kids were so eager to help with gifts. :) And Aunt Heather did an amazing job of organizing gift bags. Seriously. She has skillz. I think the gifting helped curb little Kimmie's disappointment in not being able to actually see Melissa's baby--she asked Melissa several times when her baby was "going to pop out," and responded dejectedly when told that the baby would come in the summer, "I thought we were going to be able to see the baby." Apparently she thought the baby would be born during the shower!



After the shower, we headed to Provo to play outside and to see Steve and enjoy some foods and ice cream at the creamery. So fun to have us together! Mom, Pops, and Brizo--we missed you.

Adios Meliss, and good luck in San Diego! Thanks for letting us party with you before you left! And boo for sisters moving away.

9 comments:

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

Looks like the diaper cake turned out great, probably even better than mine :-)! Well done!

jeanine said...

So much fun! I miss sisters...

rebecca said...

that looks super fun. you totally had me there for a second with your title. by the way, I was telling cameron about P90X, aren't you guys doing that? Can you post some pictures of your ripped arms or legs please?

Lindsay said...

Guess who's pregnant,,.....you had me. you really had me.

Matt Munyan said...

Unforgivable! I think I've guessed you were pregnant enough to warrant being right by now...I don't think you realize how much you having a child named Theodore means to the world, it doesn't even have to be a boy...

Kevin said...

That was just cruel. The title part.

Lydia said...

Those food shots make me hungry! Glad Kristen made it-what a great surprise! I love that your mom attended via Skype :)

Melissa said...

Mmm... those foods were good. And the shower was brilliant Lar, I had such a fantastic time. Love the pictures too! So many great people that are so dear to me!

w. h. pugmire, esq. said...

You all look so happy and well-adjusted. I sometimes wonder how my life would have been different had I been raised in Utah, as my pa originally planned.