Wednesday, April 14

well, hello 29.

Jason turned 29 yesterday. Happy Birthday to him! We just had a low key night at home. Jason passed a little time with book 7 of Harry Potter, then we ate Mum's spaghetti and had cake and watched Up (interspersed with lovely phone calls from family, which he loved), and went to bed about 10pm. We are old people.


Making THE cake. Notice the dishes all done in the background.
Jason did them. I tried to make him not do them, but he is all nice and stuff.

Lovely cream cheese layer.

So strong. And brave. And 29.

Jason is cute. I mean, handsome.

Awwww.

I forgot the candles, but luckily Jason still likes me. Phew.

Blowing out his makeshift match candle.

Happy Birthday, J! So glad you were born. Seriously. So glad.

In other news, I start a new job tomorrow! Yay! I am tutoring a girl for half a day each morning. Due to some circumstances in her life, she needs a tutor to catch her up before she begins her senior year of high school next year. I am really excited. I met with her and her family a couple of weeks ago and it just felt right. Now I know why I couldn't go through with all the other job applications I started and would never complete! This is it. It all makes sense in retrospect.

And, since I got a job thing again, I have also purchased my study materials to become a personal trainer. So in about four months or less, I will be prepared--and certifiably able--to kick your behinds into shape! (And mine.) I decided to go with NASM as it is the most recognized around these parts. Then I can go on and pursue additional certifications where I see the need. Sweet!

Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Brianne said...

Happy birthday Jason!

Laura, the cake looks DELICIOUS! Good luck with the tutoring gig. I love tutoring. It's great to be able to work one-on-one with someone. You will be a wonderful tutor!

Jazzy said...

Can you kick my behind into shape? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Happy Birthday Jason!

jeanine said...

Happy Birthday Jason.

Okay that cake just looks delicious. Now I have to make it. Mmmm.

And congrats on the job! Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Jason, and excitement to you on the job and starting the NASM. Should be fun :)

Pace said...

Crap, my hair line is so much higher than your at the same age... Happy Birthday Bro! If there is any cake left, I want some!

Kevin said...

When I first saw the post, I thought, "Whoa! Jason's old!" Then I realized that I'm only a year behind him... Good luck with your new pursuits!

Trisha said...

Love the cake. I maybe want to make and eat one now. And YES, please come see me. Do you still have my number?