Monday, June 21

i am from washington. i drive a subaru.

Well, technically, I only drive it when Jason has my car, but my old roommate Blair insisted that everyone she had ever met from Washington State either drove or wanted to drive a Subaru. She is right. Of course she is right! Subarus rule. Why wouldn't you want one? You can drive up any mountain anywhere and through snow and mud and to a lake and carry a canoe with it and also a bunch of other gear in back and also their lights turn on automatically when the car does. Case closed.

Here are some pics of my trip to WA in April for the Vancouver, BC temple dedication and general good times with fambly.

Papa and I in front of the temple. I have a cool dad.


My brothermen and I. I sure love these guys a lot.


My brother Steve took this more artistic-y photo. He's good at photos. And science.


EL TEMPLO DE DIOS. It is beautiful.



This is my parents' back yard.
(Finally I don't write "my" back yard anymore. I am all growed up, I guess.)


One of my favorite things about home is watching my brothers and dad
fight each other with pool noodles stuck onto bamboo poles.
Ah, the good times. Also whilst home I invented a version of
pool noodle clay pigeon shooting, which involved hurling a
bambooed pool noodle at a frisbee while it was airborne. I love home.


At deliiiiiiiiicious Chinese food with (L-R) Uncle Sandy, Aunt Bonnie,
my brother-in-law Ian, and my sweet mum (Jason's mama).


What a great trip. The dedication was moving, the cultural celebration was fabulous (good job Mom!) and it was so wonderful to see my family and Jason's family and to meet Bonnie and Sandy for the first time. I sure hit the jackpot in the family department, I tell you what.

Time for FHE! Today it involves guitars and spreadsheets, so Jason and I will both be pleased. :)

xoxo

8 comments:

Me and My Boys said...

You made me miss your suby very much, I may be crying a little, but it does not hold 3 kids dang it! Love the pictures of you at the temple, gorgeous!

Tif said...

I always thought we all drove or wanted a VW!

Great pictures-you look fantastic.

I miss WA :(

Camille Hammond said...

haha. Robby and I talk about how they're everywhere in WA, and no one drives one in Texas. Glad you got to go home! Jelous!

Melissa said...

Whoa, either you are short or our brothermen are tall! Or maybe a little of both? :) I will probably steal all your pictures, I love the noodle-fighting one. Also, spreadsheets are gross!

Laura said...

Tif--I think you're right. Either VWs or a Ru. Those are the WA options. :)

Melissa--your beard is short.

Blair Ford said...

Ha!! I love it.

Christie said...

I am from WA. my first car was a subaru! but I never knew that was pre-destined until now.

stacy said...

I feel that way about Oregon. I guess WA and OR are about the same. You can keep your subaru's. Although I do fancy their little version of a CRV or RAV4. Can't remember the name. That temple reminds me of the Sac one. Love all those gorgeous tulips. Oh and you're still welcome to move to California!