Tuesday, August 10

A Tale of Two Parasites

(as told by Jason)

Once upon a time, Laura and Jason went to Honduras. They had a killer time.

One night, Jason and Laura ate at Chili's. From that moment on, Jason carried with him a parasite. Unbeknownst to most, Laura was also carrying a parasite. Both parasites wreaked their havoc. Jason did everything he could to fight his parasite. Laura, on the other hand, did everything she could do to feed her parasite.

When they got back from Honduras, Jason got a drug that killed his parasite. Laura, on the other hand, got more drugs to keep her parasite from killing her.

Our little parasite is now 14 weeks old, and we hope to carry it for another 26, until approximately February 7.

To be continued...

14 comments:

JoeKatie said...

I get your sense of humor. Congrats!

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

Best news ever. Congrats guys. So excited for you.

The Holts said...

So funny! That is pretty brave of you to go to Honduras when you are pregnant! Glad you didn't get too sick. Hopefully Jason starts to feel better soon! When we got back from Peru, it was a good 2 weeks before my bowels were normal again....FUN! Anyways, congrats on the little baby.

Amy said...

Congratulations!! That is fantastic...for both of you and the remaining parasite :)

trentathon said...

That is so cool! Congrats, and make sure that little parasite is well taken care of

Brianne said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations on Laura's parasite. Jason's, not so much.

Virginia said...

I actually wondered when I saw you on Sunday. Normally you are super skinny but I saw that you were starting to get a little bump. Congratulations. I'm happy for you

Pace said...

Wow, I didn't know you named him already! Good work.

Jen Holtkamp said...

felicidades! buena suerte con el parasito! :)

jeanine said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you!

LeAnne Ballard said...

So funny. Congrats, I am super excited for you!!

Kevin said...

That's great! What kind of parasite did you get, Jason? Did you name it? Was it a boy or a girl?

Oh, right - and congrats on the other one too. I'm glad I can finally tell everyone around me. Good luck! You guys will be the second best set of parents ever.

Andrea said...

Laura that is such great news. We are both so happy for you guys. Take care!

lisa midge said...

Have I told you lately that I love you?! And your amazing sense of humor?! And command of the English language?! Oh I love this post. Its fabulous. But what is not is Jasons Parasite. :(