Wednesday, September 8

some of my favorites lately

So. First of all, I haven't died of nausea. That's a miracle and it's thanks to these:

No joke. Buy some at Walgreens or wherever if you experience nausea for any reason, and tell every person you know. They are amazing. Saved me from many an embarrassing public puking session.

That got me thinking about some of my favorite things...

  • For taking off mascara: Huggies Natural Care baby wipes. Keeps my lashes luscious. :)
  • For eating: ramen noodles. I ate 3 packages today. I'm disgusting. Hopefully baby likes sodium.
  • For smelling nice: I've been on a Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume kick for a while. I think maybe it's time for something new (and I'm running out). Any suggestions?
  • For a new hair experiment: I just bought hot rollers to create those oh-so-desirable waves in my hairs. I shall experiment directly. Hopefully it works and I look awesome.
  • For muscle tightness: foam rolling, or self-myofascial release. I'm kindof a junkie lately. My foam roller arrives Saturday. CAN'T WAIT. Here's where I got a roller for myself and for J.
That is all. Sorry for the long breaks between blogging; I thought I was crazy for thinking that the computer made me sick, but it turns out that the refresh rate of a computer screen can actually do that. So now I will return to my books. And my hot rollers. To end, belly photos! (J insisted on having one as well. Hahaha, how I love him.) What a strange sensation this pregnant thing is. It is, in a word, a miracle.

13 comments:

Cami said...

You look...radiant. Much love, dear Laura.

Camille Hammond said...

You're glowing! Sorry you've been so sick, though!

Brianne said...

You look great! Why does J look more preggo than you? Hmmmmmmm.

Sylvia said...

Laura, you look great! I have more of a baby bump than you, and I'm not pregnant. :-)

Have you ever tried plain old olive oil for removing (waterproof) mascara? Takes it right off and you don't have to worry about pulling out your eyelashes by accident. You only need one drop for each eye.

Lacy said...

Oh I am laughing hysterically at Jason's picture! You look great, by the way!

I also have loved through an entire bottle of Daisy, I really like Chanel 5. Pricey, but smells amazing.

Melissa said...

So, what the heck are foam rollers?

Kody and Larisa said...

So excited for your little growing miracle!! Congrats, so wonderful! And you look amazing, even if you aren't feeling that way so much...

CKSC said...

I went through like 4 things of preggie pops--any sort of candy to help with the salivating seemed to help....bleh, hope you are doing better! I can't wait to find out what you are having!!!!! Oh, and for your rollers-- make like a mohawk of rollers down the center of your head first, that seems to work the best (i did this cheesy how to hair dvd a while back, haha) :))

CKSC said...

oh, and my fave perfume is Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. And this may seem cheesy but Victoria Secrets perfume call Super Model is great too :)

Tif said...

You are a doll, Lar! So cute and adorable with your budding belly (((rub)))

I loved sour altoids when I was pregnant with Taela. She's the only one I really got too sick with and those were a lifesaver. Actually they weren't a lifesaver but they were a life saver, that's for sure! lol

Hope Jason doesn't come down with the same pregnancy side-effect that John did with our first...the same 40 pounds that I gained-only his never left! :P

Sarah said...

We hadn't heard -- congratulations! Laura, you look fabulous, as always. :)

stacy said...

Ah Laura I can always count on you and Jason for a laugh! Foam rolls are amazing! In Ryan's words, "Everyone should own one!" He sells them at his PT Clinic. Medical supply stores often carry them too, I think. They make all different sizes and work wonders on your back! You have to tell me where those yellow boots are from! I have been searching for rain boots for way too long. They are cute!

stacy said...

oh and when did you announce you were having a boy? I missed that. Acutally figured it out from a random comment of your family's on fb I think. So excited for you guys!