Monday, April 21

PEARD

So I have had a lot on my mind lately. (Oh, and promised pics will come soon; sorry for the barrage of texty posts. I know, I'm boring. But they're comin.) A lot of my mind. I found out Friday afternoon that I did not get in. That information catalyzed a series of interesting emotions in me, including rejection, disappointment, and confusion. Yet right on the heels of those more heavy emotions came the lift; peace and calmness were surprisingly the most lasting of all the emotions I felt that day. A beloved friend had taught me just days before that peace and excitement accompany righteous decisions (PEARD!), so I had this on my mind already. When I found that my supposed disappointment actually brought me peace and a strange excitement for the future, I was surprised, but knew that peace comes from only one Source, so I am going to trust it. Hmm. I am wondering now what the future will bring, but whatever it is, it's bound to be an adventure! I feel that this new turn of events is the Lord's way of guiding my life in a place He wants it to go. I've already committed it to Him; now my task is to trust His path and not wander around in the misty darkness anymore. Forward!

The weekend was full of fun and good times, too. Pics will come from that as well! Let me just say that temple sealings are the best BEST thing in the world, receptions with dancing are fantastic, and sunny days can lift your spirits like nothin else.

Ok. Photos a-comin.

2 comments:

jeanine said...

I like that... PEARD. I'll have to remember it. I've totally been there... not getting what I thought I wanted but feeling totally okay with it.

And I'm dying for some pictures!

Rachel said...

I forgot that you have a blog until I saw you commented on Jeanine's. I sent you an invite to mine so let me know if that didn't work. I will have to check what you've been up to since I have not idea what you're talking about in this particular post =)